NEXT SESSION: WINTER'21 Jan 04-Feb 28
Winter Session for Rec Competitive already begun and started with existing and wait listed players. Due to having very long list of Wait Listed players we will NOT be opening sign ups to public.
EVALUATION NIGHT FOR NEW PLAYERS: Dec 14 for 13-15 age group, Dec 15 for 9-12 age group.
If you are interested in joining us next session (Spring), please fill out Wait List registration form. This registration does not guarantee being put on a team, but offers you ability to receive "Registration Opened" Notice before we release it to the public.
We believe that every player deserves a chance to meet their dreams! We believe that solid training fueled by passion can give the player a chance to be admitted to High School Team. In fact, 65% of our young athletes who participated in our Recreational program made High School Teams this year!
We want your child to succeed and we offer the program that challenges each player to do his or her best! We expect all players join Thunderbolts to learn, advance and achieve! We pride ourselves in solid foundation training of core skills of passing and serving, progressing to more advanced techniques of setting, hitting and playing dedicated positions.
Our Recreational Program is tailored to player's level to ensure steady growth of skills and confidence.
Our Club Program is for advanced players who seek more competitive exposure in the region.
- We do not have try outs for our Rec teams. We host evaluation night, where we observe the players and place them on the teams that will benefit them most from the learning and growth perspective.
- Our Core program is a rec/rec-competitive league that strives to provide more competitive level of experience at affordable cost.
- After 1 year in operation we have grown 500% in Rec Leagues!
- In Fall 2020 Thunderbolt Volleyball is offering Select Club option for those who would like more competitive experience and exposure in the region. Join us! Play with us!
REC 9-12 AGE GROUP GIRLS and BOYS
Designed for young girls and boys with none or some experience in playing volleyball. We form COED teams to enable both girls and boys learn and play together. We take pride in teaching not only rules of the game, but also teamwork, core techniques and serving. Depending on team's level, we might introduce players to 4:2 rotation and playing specific positions.
Practices: 2 hour weekly practices are dynamic and target players’ development. In late Fall offered on Monday or Tuesday evenings
Games: offered on Wednesday evenings.
REC 13-15 AGE GROUP GIRLS
Prior to each season we host Evaluation Night for all registrants.
Based on evaluation players are placed on the teams that will fit the player best. We look for overall skills and potential position the player will fill to create fully functional teams and position the teams for competitive play.
- Solid foundation skills of passing, and digging
- Solid setting skills
- Proper Hitting from each hitting position
- Solid serve overhand with progression to jump serve
- Playing dedicated positions in rotation 5:1 or 6:2
- Dynamic, competitive play challenging entire team
Practices: Two hour weekly practices offered either on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday evenings. Exact time and practice location will be shared based on the team the player is assigned to.
Games: offered on Thursday evenings
REC 13-15 BOYS/COED
In Winter Session we are forming Boys Only Team!
Boys are placed on teams with girls with similar skill level and play against other 13-15 girls or Coed Teams
We teach not only foundation, but do our best to maximize the potential of each boy: solid passing, quick movements, powerful hits and naturally great serve:
- Solid overhand serve and progress to jump serve
- Solid ball handling, setting and hitting from each position
- Blocks and Digs
- 5:1 or 6:2 Rotation Play
Practices: 2 hour practices offered on either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday evenings.
Games: Thursday evenings
In Fall 2020 Thunderbolt Volleyball plans to open up first Club Teams
Teams will play in 2 tournaments a month (up to 8 tournaments), all in St. Louis County/St. Charles County region.
Program will require commitment to two 2 hour practices weekly and 2 weekends a month for tournaments starting in December, up to April. Practices will begin in November.
All Try outs are over. Thunderbolt Volleyball will enter the club Season with two 14U teams this year.
- Consistent, strong serve
- Solid ball handling, ability to pass the ball to target, flexible, movable
- Great attitude
- Strong Volleyball experience
Practices: Two hour practice offered twice a week.
Games: up to 9 tournaments in the season. No travel outside of St. Louis/St. Charles area.
Cost: between $1,100-$1,400
Do you like what you see? Register!